Thursday, October 25, 2007

Encounters With Insects, Hey Little Darlin'

More of the Bengal Burlap collection, created during that same summer as "Grunt Grunt Pig".

Encounters With Insects

(UPDATE: Encounters . . and Hey Little . . are out on Bengal Burlap, available at Bandcamp.)

Everything of this vintage was created in layers. First I'd record something on one tape recorder, then I'd play the tape on another recorder in the background while adding something new and recording the old & new together on a second tape.

Hey Little Darlin'




Along with any other instrument or gizmo I could lay hands on, I had an MXR flanger I got second hand from my friend/musical mentor/never-to-be bandmate, Mark. I ran practically any sound I could through that flanger, including my voice.



No comments: