Monday, November 26, 2007

Thinking Sinking, Skipping, Nothing Put Together, You Know It's So

Thinking Sinking


I'm kinda proud of this song. It's no ray of sunshine lyrically, but it says what it says with something I'd dare call beauty. As close as I get . . .


Skipping



A friend once called a novel of his "a hopeful book about despair". That might apply here. And whether it does, I like funny songs.


Nothing Put Together



It may seem too clever by half, but I'd just seen Jean-Paul Belmondo and Anna Karina in Jean-Luc Godard's Pierrot Le Fou at the Brattle. JPB's character blows up by the sea at the end of the movie. My song has a nominally happier ending.


You Know It's So (Go Up)




More of that "hopeful . . despair" stuff. A gently pointed rejoinder to anyone close enough to hear.

No comments: